Choose your manufacturing capacity planning software can be hard and challenging. You need to find the best one that fits with your requirement. Evaluate the features and capabilities form the capacity planning software will help you to ensure the whole understanding of how the software lead more benefit to the production facility. Therefore, if you need to choose which manufacture capacity planning software for your business, this few features from superior and inferior capacity planning tools can guide you.
Inferior manufacturing capacity planning software
When choosing the capacity planning software, it is important to analyzing the capacity needs as it can offer you an insight to choose the best capacity planning software. Whether the price is affordable, the inferior capacity planning software did not offer all features that can enhance your manufacture production. Here are some features that limited in the capacity planning software
• Production control and monitoring. This capability allows a user to become more aware of the issues of capacity planning; this is not fully considered as capacity planning because of its lack of proper insight within the capacity. Therefore this capability is not even close to production.
• Limited math. This is feature the calculation on capacity planning along with the KPIs in a very limited approach. The process includes the CPU usage normalization, determination of CPU Usage target and workload usage.
• Trends within the performance. This is a feature that extremely benefits for capacity planning as this feature makes the forecast based on the present and the historical data.
Although these features of manufacturing capacity planning software beyond are advantageous for manufacturers with fewer variables within the production, it stays limits the amount of improvement within the capacity planning. Therefore, it is necessary for locating an advanced manufacturing capacity planning software that will ensure more steady production flow with proper capacity planning.
Superior manufacturing capacity planning software
The superior manufacturing capacity planning software gives you much more benefit into your business with more complex operations and strategic. Instead of utilizing the restricted capabilities, this software utilizes performance modeling, which allows the greatest amount of insight with the operation of the business. The superior manufacturing capacity planning software mainly uses these two approaches of performance models:
1. Analytic models. This method utilizes the processing of mathematical formulas and needs the small set up time. With the accurate data and information the system is able to account the proper and enhance the capacity planning. The automated analytic model is the advanced form from the analytic model that able to run 24/7 and enable the project managers to keep control and monitoring to the operations.
2. Simulation Modeling. The simulation modeling is the software that offers extreme accurate count in analyzing scenarios and the incoming workload. This feature allows the project managers to able to watch the effects of different scenarios on the capacity and allows it to choose the best scenario to run.
The manufacturing capacity planning software can optimize the production and capacity in great within the production facility. By implement the APS system, it can offer several capabilities and benefit that will take the manufacture production to the next level.